Associação Algodoeira de Moçambique vision
Alliance 2030 On 12/12/2018 the companies launched a new initiative for cooperation and development of the subsector, in the following terms:
Alliance Vision 2030: Cotton sector as a reference in rural development and in creating impact
Alliance 2030 Strategic Goalss
- Consistent, united and coordinated industry.
- Cotton as an anchor activity, integrating the corn and oilseeds value chains.
- 100 thousand tons of quality fiber cotton.
- 200 thousand tons of various crops (corn and oilseeds).
- 30 thousand farmers above poverty levels.
- Intervention in key areas of rural development: access to energy, access to financial services, access to the market and access to water and sanitation
- Commitment to quality, sustainability, innovation, technology, justice, transparency, defense of gender and youth promotion
Priority areas of intervention
- Integration of corn and oilseeds crops and value chains.
- Consolidation of the support mechanism and price stabilization.Solution for the availability of quality seed for everyone
- Standardization of the training model and of technical assistance.
- Specific technological development seeking simultaneously a better field yield, reduction of farmers' production costs and improvement of the sustainability of natural resources and of the ecosystem (priorities: minimum soil tillage and weed control).
- Improvement of input distribution and sales models.
- Development of initiatives in key areas of rural development: access to energy, access to financial services, access to the market and access to water and sanitation.
- Promotion of the Mozambique Cotton brand
- Statistics and database.
- Close and proactive coordination between companies and all key players.
- Optimization of operating costs (particular focus on tariffs and port costs).
Aspects of law:
- Revision of the Tax on Income rate to 10%.
- Correction of the customs tariff error that imposes duties and VAT for some molecules and packaging. .
- VAT aspects: zero rate on the 2nd and 3rd seed-cotton transactions; in the sale of fiber to the domestic industry; in the sale of crude oil to the national refining industry.
- Replenishment of the mechanisms for forward sell of export currency (foreign exchange risk management mechanism.